HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR APP TO THE GOOGLE PLAY STORE
Create a Google Play developer account
In order to submit your app to Google Play, you must first create a Google
Play developer account.
Note: Google Play charges a $25 one-time developer fee
1. Go to: https://play.google.com/apps/publish/
2. Select the Google Play Developer distribution agreement check-box to acknowledge your agreement, and click Continue
3. Enter your payment information, and click Accept and continue.
4. You will receive an email from Google notifying you when your account is ready to be activated.
Note: This process can take several days (so be patient 😉)
5. Your account has been activated
Generate the App’s APK File
There are many various applications in which you can create apk file:
AndroidStudio, B4A, Unity. Unreal Engine, GameMaker Studio, Corona…
Android requires that all APKs be digitally signed with a certificate before you upload it to the Play Console. In this blog, I will show you how you can generate signed apk file using Android Studio.
Follow the steps below:
Step 1: Go to Build and click on Generate Signed Bundle / APK…
Step 2: You can choose between Android App Bundle and APK
App Bundles are a publishing format, whereas APK (Android application PacKage) is the packaging format which eventually will be installed on device.) More information can be found here.
We leave the defaults and select Next to continue
Now you will need to create Keystore path. Click on Create new…
Locate key store path in your system where you want to save jks file of your project.
Click on 📂 to locate the path.
After you locate the path from your system, give a name to the jks file that will be created and click ok.
Fill the other details and click OK. For example you can refer to the image below:
Note: It is very important to keep jks file safe and secure. If you lost it or forget Keystore and key password then you won’t be able to send future updates to your App.
Now if you like you can edit the destination folder 📂 of signed apk file.
Select build variant and finally click Finish
Publish Your App To Google Play
Select the default language, type your app name and click on CREATE
In the Store listing section of Google Play, start by writing:
- Title – Your app’s name on Google Play
- Short description – Type a brief description of your application
- Full description – Enter your full app description and its features
Next step is to add some App screenshots.
- Add minimum 2 screenshots (maximum limit is 8 ). They must be at least 320 pixels wide and be in a PNG or JPEG format.
- After screenshot now you need to put a high Resolution icon or logo with a size of 512 * 512 pixel and it must be in 32-bit PNG format.
- Next, click in Add feature graphic to upload a Feature Graphic image. This image must be 1024 * 500 pixels, and may be in JPEG or 24-bit PNG format.
- If you want to promote your app via YouTube, you may insert the link in Promo Video.
In the Categorization area, you have the following options:
- Application type – select the type of app (which may be either an Application or a Game)
- Category – you should choose the most appropriate category for your app
- Content rating – you must indicate whether your app’s content can be viewed by people of all ages or if the app has, for example, restricted adult content.
Now scroll down to the Contact details and fill other details which include website, email and phone no.
If your App require user permission then it is mandatory to put privacy url.
When you’re done, click the SAVE DRAFT button.
After saving data on draft go to App release and click on MANAGE.
On the next page, click the CREATE RELEASE button.
After click on create release you will see BROWSE FILES click on it and upload your signed APK.
Once your APK is uploaded, scroll down and type 1.0 in the Release name field.
Type something about your release and when you’re done, click SAVE.
Now go to Content Rating and click the CONTINUE button
Here, you need to provide your Email address and confirm it. Once the email address is confirmed select appropriate Category of your app. Fill the form that will show up and click the SAVE QUESTIONNAIRE button.
Next click on pricing and distribution and select free/paid based on how you want user to access your App.
Click on MANAGE COUNTRIES button, and select the countries where you want your app to be available.
Select if your app either contains or doesn’t contain ads. For Device categories and User programs leave it as it is.
The Content guidelines and US export laws options are mandatory, so check them. Marketing opt-out is optional, anyway leave it as it. When you’re done, click the SAVE DRAFT button to save this information.
Next go to the App content section from the left menu and click the START button.
Select the right target age for your app, then click NEXT
Check the option you wish about unintentionally appeal to children and click NEXT.
Finally click the SUBMIT button.
Click on App releases section to complete your submission. Click on EDIT RELEASE button
and then click on REVIEW.
After review click on START ROLLOUT TO PRODUCTION button and that’s it.
Now you will need to wait for Google to enable your app on the Play Store.
Note: This process can take several days